Saturday, April 11, 2009

April 10 - Ocho Rios, Jamaica





We docked this morning in Ocho Rios. Another ship was at the main cruise pier so we were at the oil storage docks, still very close to downtown shopping. Katie went off on her diving excursion. I hadn’t planned on going ashore but decided I should just to see Ocho Rios.



I was pleasantly surprised! The last time we were in Jamaica we were assaulted by vendors everywhere. Not so this time. The van/taxi deposited us at the Taj Mahal shopping center. Kind of a funny name for Jamaica. Shops there and at the other place I went had the usual tourist stuff. The second shopping center I went to had a large central plaza and there were some reggae musicians and a few dancers performing. There were some shady seats so I sat and watched and thoroughly enjoyed them.



Katie returned from a successful diving trip. They did two dives. During the first she didn’t see many fish; at the second site she reported seeing many more colorful fish and coral. Maybe I need to get updated on my C card in case she and I take a cruise to a place we can dive in the future.



We sailed at 3:30 for Ft. Lauderdale and home.

No comments: